Saturday, October 27, 2007

stop and smell the daisies

Its not much a secret that I am a tv addict. In the land down under where quality television includes those imported gems like The Singing Bee and home bred treasures like Crime Investigation Australia, a show that channels those real life reenactments popularized by Fox in the 90s, my faithful torrent downloader has quenched my entertainment thirst over the past year and a half.

It was a happy coincidence that a few weeks ago when the new tv season kicked off I was in the midst of my mid-semester break. I took a chance to get a taste of some of this year's new shows that were receiving buzz on the internet. Of all the newbies that I sampled I was absolutely enamored with the most enchanting, whimsical, quirky, achingly romantic and original show to air in recent years, Pushing Daisies. I apologize for the overuse of adjectives but this show is so over the top it cries out for the excessive use of descriptors.

As of this week the show is picked up for a full season which means I feel justified in attempting to convince my readers (all four of you, well probably only three since Erin is already a convert) to watch this show. I would hate to sing its praises and then have the show be canceled mid-November. If you need more convincing even Chris finds the show extraordinarily entertaining and he is not a big tv watch unless it revolves around rugby or soccer.

So give it a watch and let me know what you think....

1 comment:

Rambles runs rides said...

We will download the first episode and let you know.